A.P. (DIR Series) Circular No.111
June 18, 2015
All Category - I Authorised Dealer Banks
Exim Bank's GoI supported Line of Credit of USD 100 million
to the Government of Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has entered into an Agreement dated September 15, 2014 with the Government of Socialist Republic of Vietnam, for making available to the latter, a Line of Credit (LOC) of USD 100 million (USD One Hundred million) for financing supply of High Speed Patrol Vessel to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. The goods, machinery, equipment and services including consultancy services from India for exports under this Agreement are those which are eligible for export under the Foreign Trade Policy of the Government of India and whose purchase may be agreed to be financed by the Exim Bank under this Agreement. Out of the total credit by Exim Bank under this Agreement, the goods and services including consultancy services of the value of at least 75% of the contract price shall be supplied by the seller from India and the remaining 25% goods and services (other than consultancy services) may be procured by the seller for the purpose of the eligible contract from outside India.
2. The Credit Agreement under the LOC is effective from May 22, 2015 and the date of execution of Agreement is September 15, 2014. Under the LOC, the last date for opening of letters of credit and disbursement will be 48 months from the scheduled completion date of contract in the case of project exports and September 14, 2020 (72 months from the execution date of the Credit Agreement) in the case of other supply contracts.
3. Shipments under the LOC will have to be declared on EDF/ SDF Forms as per instructions issued by the Reserve Bank from time to time.
4. No agency commission is payable under the above LOC. However, if required, the exporter may use his own resources or utilize balances in his Exchange Earners’ Foreign Currency Account for payment of commission in free foreign exchange. Authorised Dealer Category- l (AD Category-l) banks may allow such remittance after realization of full payment of contract value subject to compliance with the prevailing instructions for payment of agency commission.
5. AD Category-I banks may bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their exporter constituents and advise them to obtain full details of the Line of Credit from the Exim Bank’s office at Centre One, Floor 21, World Trade Centre Complex, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400 005 or log on to www.eximbankindia.in.
6. The Directions contained in this circular have been issued under sections 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999 (42 of 1999) and are without prejudice to permissions / approvals, if any, required under any other law.
(B. P. Kanungo)
Principal Chief General Manager